Thursday, May 24, 2007

Who Says you Have to "Urn" Your Garden?

I consider myself a dedicated gardener. I'm committed. I'm ready to weed. I spend hours in the dirt. I'm in it for the long haul. But even a committed gardener like myself deserves a little instant gratification. That's what I got today. Upon my arrival home from work, I came upon my brand new window box and two beautiful backyard urns.

If there's anywhere my green thumb fails me, it's in the container garden. I just don't have the magic touch. I pick the wrong plants, place them poorly, and then promptly neglect them. My desire for a beautiful window box and urns is unrelenting though, so I get some professional help.

The folks at Pink Flamingo Garden and Urn Design Inc. have done an amazing job yet again. The proof is in the pictures. Last winter, they did some jaw-droppingly awesome holiday designs too. Hands down, we had the most gorgeous Christmas window in the neighbourhood (but, of course, I am biased.)

I'm determined to water these beauties, watch them grow, and study their designs in the hopes that one day I'll grow to love container gardening too. I doubt it, but that's okay. At least I've got the pros to help me out.

No comments: