Friday, September 26, 2008

Fun with Flowers

Garden Lily at Flowers and Weeds has been having some fun with flowers. After coming across a super cute puppy flower arrangement, Garden Lily got creative herself. The next thing I knew, I was poking around in the garden looking for flowers and coming up with my own flower buddy. Here he is. I call him Sunny. The yellow flowers are the blooms of Jerusalem artichoke. The eyes and nose are made from purple coneflower seedheads. The floppy ears are a grass (foxtail, I believe) that grows in my garden despite my loudest protests and efforts to show it the door. And the mouth is a geranium. This project was trickier than I expected. It's not easy getting the flowers to go exactly where you want, but then that's why I'll never be a flower arranger. I know that garden bloggers are a creative bunch. So if you're feeling inspired, check out Garden Lily's original post and then join in the fun. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to walk, uh, I mean water, Sunny.

1 comment:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Now that was really cute ! Great job !
Joy : )