Friday, April 15, 2011

Mystery Crocus

While this is a delightful little crocus I can't help but be disappointed. I thought I had planted Crocus Advance: a three coloured crocus featuring creamy-yellow in the centre of the blooms and outer petals that alternate between white and violet. Will there ever be an end to the heartbreak of mislabeled plants?

What I have instead is quite pretty in its own right. The petals are a light purple on the inside. The outside petals are an even lighter purple blush with much darker markings. Quite dramatic, don't you think? Does anyone know the identity of this mystery crocus? I guess I'll have to try again for some Crocus Advance next year.

4 comments:

Lily said...

Hello,
I think it is Crocus biflorus ssp.
isauricus Spring Beauty. It is on my list of new crocus to add in my garden. Happy spring!

O.I.M said...

thanks for the i.d. lily!
irena

yanmaneee said...

steph curry shoes
nike lebron 16
golden goose sneakers
kyrie shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
birkin bag
birkin bag
bape hoodie
supreme clothing
yeezy

fiseigh said...

Recommended Site e1l61g8m39 Ysl replica bags replica bags thailand replica evening bags replica hermes handbags m9f26h0r50 replica bags online useful link y2k15v7q86 louis vuitton fake replica bags dubai